I don’t travel to tick countries off a list and I don’t pursue experiences so I can say I did them. I have mixed feelings about bucket lists because I think they give some false measure of success. It is more important to enjoy just one of these experiences than to just do all of them. I think the magic is in the journey and some of my best life experiences have been totally unexpected ones. That being said, I still want to create a bucket list. Because, well, daydreaming is so much fun.
I’m no realist and my bucket list is a little bit ridiculous. Without winning the lottery or scoring a rich (and adventurous) husband I don’t really see how I could do all these things. But this is MY blog and MY bucket list and I can dream as big as I want to! TYGT is no place for limits!! Right? Right!
To quote Icono Pop, “you want me down on earth, but I am up in space.”
I also want to note that I want this list list to be fluid. I want it to live, breathe, grow and develop as I do. I am sure there will be additions and subtractions over time and that is just fine. This is no yardstick of a life well lived. There are so many more ways to measure that. This is a collection of fun dreams I have for myself. You (read; I) have no way to know what experiences you (I) will prioritize a year, a month or a week from now. But TODAY, here is what mine looks like:
- Compete in Swim Race, both Pool and Open Water
- Triathlon Sprint/ Olympic/ 1/2 Iron Man distances
- Running Goal Times: Break 25 min 5k, Break 50 minute 10k, break 2 hours 1/2 marathon (Maybe Complete),
Marathon Goal- FINISH.
- Join Crossfit
- Become a Certified Yoga Teacher OR partake in a Month-Long Yoga Retreat
- Get comfortable backcountry skiing
- I am not even going to make a list because there are so many and my top choices are always changing, so I will just say a TON of them.
- Apallachian Trail (!!!!)
- John Muir Trail
- Annapurna Circuit and/or Everest base Camp
- Chilkoot Trail
- All great walks in NZ
- El Camino de Santiago
- Burning Man
- La Tomatina
- Pamplona Bull Run
- Yacht Week
- Every music festival ever?
- See a concert at Red Rocks
- Yoga Festival
- Green Tea Fields
DMZ( I have mixed feelings on this, I will elaborate more on later) Samsung Lions Baseball Game!
- Jeju Island and hike Hallasan Mountain (didn’t happen)
Club in Gangnam Escape the Room Dog Cafe Beach Camping K-Pop Concert (Psy no less. And FOR FREE!) Seoul Grand Palaces(probably 1 is good, there are 5)
- Eat live octopus (didn’t happen)
- Trans-Siberian Railway
- Volunteer Internationally in a way that is impactful
- Take a pottery class and glass blowing class
- Dive with sharks
- Learn to Sail (and go on sailing journey)
- Play my banjo at an open mic night
- Adult Summer Camp
- Become self- aware, spiritually enlightened, kind-hearted and more giving (easy, right?)
- Find a sustainable way fuel all these adventures WHILE doing meaningful and fulfilling work (easy, right?)
- Have a personalized backsplash
I am tired just writing this, but also excited. I can’t wait to live out some, all or even just one of these adventures! Whoo hoo! Do you have a bucket list? What is on yours?